Jonathan Lee (李宗盛; Lǐ Zōngshèng; born July 19, 1958 in Taipei, Taiwan) is a Taiwanese record producer, singer, and songwriter. Throughout the mid-1980s through the 1990s, he composed song lyrics and melodies for numerous musical artists in the Rock Records label, including Angus Tung, Sarah Chen, Sandy Lam, Sylvia Chang, Winnie Hsin, Tarcy Su, Jeff Chang, Jackie Chan, Chao Chuan, and Wakin Chau.
Lee is hailed as one of the godfathers of Taiwanese Mandopop. He was one of the most successful producers of the 1990s and 2000s and has been credited with building Rock Records into the foremost independent label in Asia. Many songs he wrote for Sarah Chen, Chao Chuan, Sandy Lam, Winnie Hsin, Jeff Chang and Wa Wa Jin Zhijuan became No 1 hits. Lee also produces the occasional solo album for himself and have recorded duets with many of his artistes.
In 1998 Jonathan Lee divorced his first wife and married Sandy Lam, one of his artistes at Rock Records. They have a daughter Li Xi'er (李喜兒). The couple eventually divorced in 2004.
Contributions for other artistsEdit
- Chao Chuan: I Am a Little Bird, How to Say I Love You, I Am So Confused
- Jackie Chan: A Vigorous Aspiration in My Mind, How Come
- Jeff Chang: Love Like the Tides, I Do Love You
- Sarah Chen: Walk Your Own Way, Dream to Awakening, Is it Right to Love You, So Transparent Is My Heart (duet with Jackie Chan), Questions About Love, Love in Progress
- Sandy Lam: Bygone Love, Scars, I Suffered for You, Dark Night
- Sylvia Chang: Busy and Blind, The Price of Love
- Tarcy Su: Every Day in My Life (duet with Jackie Chan), I Live Alone
- Wakin Chau: You Make Me Happy and Sad
- Winnie Hsin: Understanding, It's Not All My Fault to Love Him