Template:Infobox Chinese-language singer and actor Template:Chinese name Aaron Kwok Fu-shing (born October 26, 1965) is a Hong Kong singer and film actor from the 1990s to the present. The media refer to him, Jacky Cheung, Andy Lau and Leon Lai as the Cantopop Four Heavenly Kings (四大天王). Kwok's onstage dancing and displays is influenced by Michael Jackson. While most of his songs are in the dance-pop genre, he has experimented numerous times with rock and roll, ballad, rock, R&B, soul, electronica and traditional Chinese music.
Kwok graduated from St. Joseph's College in Hong Kong. After graduating from secondary school, Kwok worked as a junior staff in King Fook Gold & Jewellery Co. Ltd. His father, who owns a small gold retail store, desired that he gain experience in the business with the view of eventually handing the family business over to him. If not for one of Kwok's brothers taking over the gold business, his father would not have allowed him to join the entertainment industry.
In 1984 at the age of 19, Kwok joined a dancer training course at TVB, where his talent for dancing was immediately recognized. Kwok then performed in music videos and variety shows for other singers. In 1987 he was transferred to the acting department of the talent training course and became a TV actor, where he played minor parts in TVB dramas. In 1990 he did a TV commercial in Taiwan for the Honda motorcycle DJ-1RR. The commercial gained him instant popularity with Taiwan girls, and he immediately burst onto the music scene.
Template:See also Kwok then began his music career with three mandopop albums including the famous song "Loving You Forever" (對你愛不完) to accompany his dance moves. After his success in Taiwan, he returned to Hong Kong in 1991 to do Cantopop. The next few years saw his popularity reach fever-pitch, and he was soon ranked as one of the "Four Heavenly Kings". Kwok became one of Hong Kong and Asia's most prominent pop stars. He won his first major awards with the 1991 Jade Solid Gold Top 10 Awards and 1991 RTHK Top 10 Gold Songs Awards. He would then win a major award every year until 2001. As a solo performer, his sell-out concerts in Hong Kong, mainland China, United States, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia and other countries total over 200 to date. In 1999 he won his first "Asia Pacific most popular artist" award.
As soon as Kwok entered the music industry in 1991, he started a fast-dancing trend (勁歌熱舞). Kwok's onstage dancing and displays has been known to be influenced by Michael Jackson. Later in his career, he is known to have won a prestigious "Top ten Hong Kong dance award" (十大舞蹈家年獎). Of all the performing arts at which Kwok excels, stage appearances remain his perennial favorite. His dance accomplishments are also matched with stage displays. On February 17, 2008 he held an "Aaron Kwok De Show Reel Extension Live" concert at the Hong Kong AsiaWorld Arena with the largest revolving stage measured at 10m x 9.44m and created a new entry for the Guinness Book of World Records.
Template:Seealso Over the years, Kwok has also indulged in other mediums such as TV commercials and acting. He began his acting career with the TVB series Rise of Genghis Khan, and the 1988 series Twilight of a Nation about the Taiping Rebellion. One of his more noticeable role was for the 1996 TVB drama series Wars of Bribery where he plays an ICAC special-agent with Athena Chu.
He also starred in various movies. At the Taiwan's 42nd Golden Horse Awards ceremony on November 13, 2005, Kwok was the surprise winner of Best Leading Actor award for his role in the film Divergence. It was Kwok's first Golden Horse nomination and beat veteran Hong Kong star Tony Leung Ka-fai to win the honour. He again won the Best Actor Award again at the 43rd Golden Horse Awards on November 24, 2006 for his role in the film After This Our Exile. He became only the second actor in the history of the Golden Horse Awards to win the Best Actor Award consecutively. Jackie Chan first accomplished this back in the 1992-3.
Among the four heavenly kings in the 1990s, Kwok was generally known to have the best image. He was famous for popularizing a new type of "center-split hair style" that became a crazed trend. Throughout his career he did change his hair style numerous times including styles such as the five-five split or the four-six split.
Kwok has also taken part in charitable work. Most notable he received the "Ten Most Outstanding Young Persons Award" in 2003.
Car promoter, collector, amateur racerEdit
Kwok has been known as a collector of sports cars as well as an amateur of motor racing. He participated in a Ferrari F355 race at the Macau Grand Prix, a Formula Campus charity race. Other notable participations include the Porsche Carrera Cup Asia, where he raced with a Porsche 911 GT3.
He is known as a car fanatic and has a large collection of notable cars. Some of his collection include the Ferrari F50, F512M, F355 GTS, F360 Modena, Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, Lamborghini Diablo SE30, Mercedes-Benz SL600, Mercedes CLK DTM, Porsche 911 Turbo. Other cars include the Enzo Ferrari, a Carbon version Pagani Zonda F, Lamborghini Reventon Roadster, Lamborghini Murciélago, Gallardo, Porsche 996 GT3, Nissan GTR
- Aaron Kwok's official homepage
- Official Profile @ Warner Music (Chinese)
- Music Nation 郭富城 (Chinese)
- AMW168 - 郭富城 Aaron Kwok's lyrics pinyin English translation
- ↑ Xinhuanet. "Xinhuanet." 四大天王 蓦然回首十五年. Retrieved on 2009-04-12.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 HKheadline.com. "HKheadline.com." Moonwalk成經典 米高辣舞歌手跟跳. Retrieved on 2009-06-28.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Sina.com. "Sina.com." 郭富城现阶段爱情排末尾 没有结婚念头. Retrieved on 2009-06-28.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 Yahoo.com. "Yahoo.com." 郭富城简介. Retrieved on 2009-06-28.
- ↑ Youtube.com. "Youtube.com." Aaron Kwok commercial. Retrieved on 2009-06-28.
- ↑ Tvb.com. "Tvb.com." 1991 additional awards. Retrieved on 2009-06-28.
- ↑ RTHK. "RTHK." 1991 RTHK awards. Retrieved on 2009-06-28.
- ↑ RTHK. "RTHK." Follow the links from 1991 to 2001 RTHK awards. Retrieved on 2009-06-28.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 Longines.com. "[www.longines.com%2Fdocuments%2Fbiography%2Faaron-kwok-fu-shing-en.pdf Longines.com]." Aaron Kwok profile for promotion. Retrieved on 2009-06-28.
- ↑ TVB.com. "TVB.com." 1999 additional rewards. Retrieved on 2009-06-28.
- ↑ Swiss Privilege. "Swiss-privilege." Dancing Aaron Kwok rocked the stage at his de show Reel Live in Concert 2007. Retrieved on 2009-06-28.
- ↑ Musicnationgroup.com. "Musicnationgroup.com." Aaron Kwok awards and work list. Retrieved on 2009-06-28.
- ↑ Staff (27 November 2006) "Aaron Kwok crowned best actor again at Golden Horse Awards" China View
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Dailynews.sina.com. "Sina.com." 當年狂追的偶像髮型 郭富城林志穎引起髮型潮流. Retrieved on 2010-04-02.
- ↑ 3weekly.com. "3weekly.com." 郭富城樂壇失意車壇得意. Retrieved on 2009-06-28.
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Auto.cn. "Auto.cn." 郭富城和他的十二辆超级跑车. Retrieved on 2009-06-28.
- ↑ Mdbchina.net. "Mdbchina.net." 郭富城 档案简介. Retrieved on 2009-06-28.
Template:FourKingsCantopopfr:Aaron Kwok gan:郭富城 ko:곽부성 id:Aaron Kwok it:Aaron Kwok ms:Aaron Kwok ja:アーロン・クオック pt:Aaron Kwok simple:Aaron Kwok th:กัว ฟู่เฉิง vi:Quách Phú Thành wuu:郭富城 zh-yue:郭富城 zh:郭富城